ZEISS Touit 50mm f/2.8 Macro Overview
A clever short telephoto, the Sony E-mount ZEISS Touit 50mm f/2.8M is a 75mm-equivalent prime suitable for both portraiture as well as close-up shooting. As a macro lens, it features a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification ratio and a minimum focusing distance of 5.9″ for working with nearby subjects. Its advanced Planar optical design includes two aspherical elements and two low dispersion elements, which help to control a variety of aberrations, distortion, and color fringing in order to produce sharp, well-corrected imagery. A floating elements system is used, too, to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range. Individual elements also receive a ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, suiting both photo and video use, this lens incorporates a DC autofocus motor to deliver especially fast, quiet, and precise focusing performance.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 5.9″ to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available-light conditions and also contributes a relatively smaller, lighter form factor.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- The optical design utilizes two anomalous partial dispersion elements to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- DC autofocus motor delivers quick and quiet focusing performance to suit both stills and video shooting applications.
There are no reviews yet.