ZEISS Touit 12mm f/2.8 Overview
Affording an especially broad, 18mm equivalent field of view, the FUJIFILM X-mount Touit 12mm f/2.8 from ZEISS is a prime wide-angle lens well-suited for landscape, architecture, and interior shooting. A sophisticated Distagon optical design includes two aspherical elements and three low dispersion elements, which help to control a variety of aberrations, distortion, and color fringing in order to produce sharp, well-corrected imagery. A floating elements system is used, too, to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range. Individual elements also receive a ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, suiting both photo and video use, this lens incorporates a DC autofocus motor to deliver especially fast, quiet, and precise focusing performance.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 18mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available-light conditions and is also ideal for astrophotography use.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- The optical design utilizes three anomalous partial dispersion elements to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 7.1″ to infinity.
- DC autofocus motor delivers quick and quiet focusing performance to suit both stills and video shooting applications.