ZEISS Batis 135mm f/2.8 Overview
Mixing advanced optics with contemporary performance, the Batis 135mm f/2.8 from ZEISS is a mid-length telephoto prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized as an apochromat, the Sonnar optical design, along with the use of eight anomalous partial dispersion elements, helps to effectively eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and rendering. A floating elements system is also used, for consistent performance throughout the focusing range, in order to achieve even sharpness and illumination. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Batis-series lenses are distinguished by their innovative use of an OLED display on the lens barrel, which highlights the focus distance and depth of field range for quickly recognizing your focusing parameters. As an autofocus lens, linear motors are used to deliver quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally, this lens incorporates optical image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working with slower shutter speeds and a dust- and weather-sealed construction lends itself to shooting in trying environments.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Sonnar optical concept suits the combination of a large maximum aperture and long focal length, and also contributes to notable sharpness, well-controlled flare, and high contrast.
- Apochromatic optical design utilizes eight anomalous partial dispersion elements to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Optical image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 2.9′ to infinity.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the working focus distance as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
There are no reviews yet.