ZEISS Loxia 50mm f/2 Overview
Offering a normal field of view with an impressively compact design, the ZEISS Loxia 50mm f/2 is a flexible prime for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, well-suited for a range of subjects from portraits to landscapes. Utilizing a classic symmetrical Planar optical design, this lens is capable of achieving well-corrected, sharp imagery with controlled aberrations and distortions. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and flaring for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Loxia-series lenses are distinguished by their manual focus operation along with a manual aperture ring that can be de-clicked for silent operation; making them especially suitable for filmmaking applications. Loxia lenses are also characterized by their compact form factor and all-metal lens barrel, which incorporates engraved focusing and depth of field scales, for fine-tuned control. Additionally, the lens body sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to permit its use in trying environments.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/2 aperture helps to achieve a more compact, portable form factor while also remaining versatile for use in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Planar optical design affords high sharpness and consistent performance throughout the focusing range to suit photographing at a wide range of imaging scales.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with a 180° focus ring rotational angle and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically ‘de-clicked’ for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens Exif data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera’s focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
There are no reviews yet.