Featuring a svelte design, the Viltrox AF 56mm f/1.4 Z is a compact portrait-length prime lens designed for Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras. The short telephoto focal length pairs with a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to help achieve notable control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting situations. The optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion and high refractive index elements, too, to reduce various aberrations and distortion for high clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness.
Complementing the optics, the lens’s design also incorporates an STM stepping motor that affords fast, near-silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens. The lens’s black finish matches similarly styled cameras.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- One high refractive index element helps to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens’s firmware.