Compact and comfortable, the 35mm f/1.8 Lens from Viltrox is a wide-angle prime lens designed for full-frame-format Nikon Z mirrorless cameras. The versatile wide field of view is suitable for a broad range of subjects from portraiture to reportage, and the fast f/1.8 design excels in low-light conditions and for shallow depth of field applications. The optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion and high refractive index elements to suppress a variety of aberrations and distortion, and an HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, the lens’s design also incorporates an STM stepping motor that affords fast, near silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame-format Nikon Z mirrorless cameras, and when used with APS-C format cameras, it has the equivalent perspective of a 52.5mm lens.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and two high transparency elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- 10 elements in eight groups.
- Two aspheric elements help to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Integrated micro-USB port for firmware updates.
There are no reviews yet.