Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 Overview
Compact and comfortable, the AF 33mm f/1.4 Z from Viltrox is a normal-length prime lens designed for Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras. The versatile normal field of view is suitable for a wide range of subjects, from portraiture to reportage, and the fast f/1.4 design excels in low-light conditions and for shallow depth of field applications. The optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion and high refractive index elements to suppress a variety of aberrations and distortion and an HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, the lens’s design also incorporates an STM stepping motor that affords fast, near-silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens.
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 50mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- One high refractive index element helps to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens’s firmware.
There are no reviews yet.