Nikon AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E E… Overview
Delivering a creative and distinct look, the AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED from Nikon is a fisheye zoom designed for FX-format F-mount DSLRs. At the wide end of the zoom range, the lens produces a circular field of view, which gradually covers the entire full frame by the long end of the focal length range. Benefitting the extreme angle of view, the optical design makes use of two aspherical elements and three extra low-dispersion elements to control spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Also, Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the distinct optical attributes, the lens also uses a Silent Wave Motor that produces fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance, along with the ability to manually override focus at any time. An electromagnetic diaphragm is also featured for greater exposure control stability when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Unique fisheye zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, and can also be used on DX models where it provides a 12-22.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Circular fisheye design at the wide end of the zoom range transitions to full-frame coverage by the long end of focal length range.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations and color fringing for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are featured to control spherical aberrations for notable sharpness and resolution.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.