Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED V… Overview
Developed for Nikon’s range of high-resolution DX-format cameras, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a versatile 27-210mm-equivalent all-in-one zoom covering a wide-angle to mid-telephoto range. Helping to achieve impressive image quality, the optical design employs one aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion element, which both help to limit spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to realize great sharpness and color accuracy. Individual elements also feature a Super Integrated Coating, which cuts flare and ghosting to increase contrast when working in harsh lighting conditions. Benefitting handheld shooting, Vibration Reduction minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops in order to produce sharper imagery. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast, near-silent autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override.
- All-in-one zoom spans wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths and is designed for Nikon F-mount DX-format cameras, where it provides a 27-210mm equivalent range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 4 stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
There are no reviews yet.