Vanguard Vesta Overview
Designed with a magnification and objective lens combination favored by hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts around the world for their versatility, the Vanguard 8×42 Vesta Binoculars feature a long eye relief distance and wide exit pupil diameter to make this an ideal optic for hiking, general nature watching, and getting close-up looks at game and elusive bird species in the wild. Optically, they are made with compact BAK4 roof prisms and anti-reflection Multiguard multi-coated lens surfaces to boost the light-gathering ability and produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color representation. A short close focus distance of under 7′ allows niche naturalists to enjoy detailed views of bugs, birds, flora, and fauna with ease.
To withstand the rigors of the outdoors, the chassis is made of a lightweight and durable material, and each optical tube is sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging, so the binoculars will continue to perform in even the most inclement of weather. The Vesta is wrapped in a protective rubber armor to provide a slip-resistant grip, even when it’s cold and wet. Their large center focusing wheel is set low on the bridge, so while they are easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves, they present a low profile. A standard 1/4″-20 mount on the front of the bridge hinge allows you to mount your binoculars on a tripod using an optional adapter and eliminate vibrations and hand shake for clearer and crisper views.
With an ergonomic form factor, the Vesta can easily fit in most packs for transport, and their weight won’t drag you down when hanging around your neck—so you can keep them ready for fast glassing on the trail or in the woods.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies subjects while producing a long eye relief and wide exit pupil
- 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering ability versus compact models for improved low-light performance without the bulk of larger objectives
- Compact BAK4 roof prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Proprietary anti-reflection Multiguard multi-coatings produce accurate color fidelity and improve overall contrast and image brightness
- Relatively short minimum focusing distance of less than 7 feet allows detailed observations of small plants, birds, and insects
- 325-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate—even when wearing gloves—and set low on the bridge to reduce the profile and snag hazard
- ±4 right eye dioptric correction allows precise focusing to individual eye prescriptions
- Broad 56-74mm interpupillary distance adjustment range allows use by users of all sizes
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 19mm eye relief improves viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil keeps the entire scene in view without vignetting—even in low light when pupils are open and fully dilated
- Lightweight and durable chassis
- Rubberized armor provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in wet conditions
- Sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes
- Integrated 1/4″-20 socket accepts an optional adapter, enabling mounting onto tripods, monopods, window mounts, and other support systems for hands-free viewing
- Compact form factor is less than 6 inches long to make packing and carrying it easy
- Weight: 22.2 ounces
There are no reviews yet.