Nikon NI8X56M5 Overview
Optimized for use in challenging light and with the lowest magnification of the 56mm models, Nikon’s black 8×56 Monarch 5 Binoculars received upgrades from the Monarch 3 design to improve image quality with the same focus on comfort and performance the line is known for.
Featuring extra low-dispersion glass elements with anti-reflection, fully multi-coated optics and highly reflective dielectric-coated and phase-corrected roof prisms, the Monarch 5 produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition and minimal color fringing across the entire field of view. The oversized objectives not only boost their light-gathering ability to improve views in challenging light, such as during the pre-dawn and late evening hours or in foggy and cloudy weather, but when combined with moderate magnification, they yield an ultra-wide exit pupil and exceptional eye relief to improve overall viewing comfort. Their improved glass, prism and optical coatings, long eye relief, and wide exit pupil provide users with an immersive observational experience in all light conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make these binoculars durable and comfortable to use. They have a lightweight, reinforced polycarbonate ATB chassis and are protected by rubberized armor that is accented with indented palm rests to give them a secure non-slip grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as they hang around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps are also tethered to keep them safe from being lost on the forest floor. Because of the challenges often associated with holding large-objective optics such as these, the Monarch 5 is tripod mountable with an optional adapter for hands-free use to eliminate arm fatigue and keep the view steady and clear.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies objects while helping to produce a wide exit pupil for better low-light use
- Large oversized 56mm objectives are optimized for improved light-gathering ability and performance, especially in challenging light
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Extra low-dispersion glass reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast, improved color rendition, and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Phase-corrected prism coatings reduce internal interference to improve light transmission, contrast, and resolution
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- Highly reflective dielectric prism multi-layer coatings boost internal reflection to >99% to maintain image brightness and improve contrast and clarity
- 325′ field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- 60-72mm interpupillary distance range allows easy use by a wide variety of people
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use to eliminate arm fatigue and hand shake
- Exceptional 20.5mm eye relief helps to reduce eye strain and improves viewing comfort
- Ultra-wide 7mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils when they are fully dilated in low light to keep the full scene in view, and limits disorientation on rough or rolling seas
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Indents on the sides of the optical tubes are ergonomically placed where the hands naturally fall for a more comfortable feel in the hand and a more secure grip
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- Black coloring allows them to remain inconspicuous in all environments
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Tethered fold-down objective lens caps prevent losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 40 ounces
There are no reviews yet.