The X-Rite Colorchecker Passport Photo 2 is “One passport for Color Calibration in Camera”. A world of colorful creative places to explore.
The art of color management is all about getting your colors to match from input to output; meaning your camera captures true colors, your monitor displays them accurately, and your printer produces a photo that matches what you see on screen. With a combination of targets and camera calibration software, the portable ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 delivers professional quality color control for a perfect color journey.
Created by Color Perfectionists for Color Perfectionists
Designed by engineers with more color science experience than anyone in the industry, ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 is an indispensable tool for photographers. If you are looking for accurate, consistent color and creative flexibility, it can help you capture the colors of the world more perfectly and ensure you are editing the most accurate files possible.
Four Targets in an Adjustable, Protective, Pocket-Sized Case
- Gray Balance Target to set exposure with an in-camera or handheld meter.
- White Balance Target to create custom in-camera white balance for a consistent white point across a set of images with no need to correct each individual image later.
- Classic Target, the industry standard 24-patch color reference target for creating custom camera profiles and for visual color assessments.
- Creative Enhancement Target to neutralize and create your look with enhancement patches, check and evaluate shadow details and highlight clipping, and control color shifts.The Creative Enhancement Target adds a higher level of color creativity and control to your workflow. It includes four rows of color patches designed for image editing that can be instantly applied with just the click of an eyedropper.
- Two rows of warming and cooling patches in the middle serve as a creative guide for you to create pleasing and repeatable edits. Creatively refine the color of your image by adding warmth to skin tones or boost the deep greens or blues in a landscape. Simply click and sync your selection to other images that were shot under that same lighting to create pleasing edits – it’s that simple!
- A row of clipping patches across the bottom serve as a visual reference for judging, controlling and editing images for shadow details or highlight clipping. The clipping patches are separated into two groups: light and dark. Each patch is 1/3 F-stop difference between them with the exception of the last black patch. The exposure difference between the darkest and next darkest patch is approximately 1/10th of a stop, and the dynamic range of the target is about 32:1 (5 stops).
- The top HSL (hue, saturation, lightness) row includes 8 spectrum patches to ensure color fidelity across all hues so you can evaluate and edit for any color shifts.
Custom DNG and/or ICC Camera Profiles
ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 also includes camera calibration software to create custom camera profiles based on your individual camera/lens/lighting combinations for both DNG and ICC workflows, and a Lightroom® Plug-In to create custom camera profiles directly in Adobe® Lightroom® Classic and Lightroom® Classic CC. ColorChecker Classic target is supported by third party software solutions, including Hasselblad Phocus, Black Magic DaVinci Resolve, and 3D LUT Creator.
CAMERA CALIBRATION SOFTWARE
Now even more powerful – create both custom DNG and/or ICC camera profiles!
Build custom camera profiles using the industry standard 24-patch ColorChecker Classic Target or the ColorChecker Digital SG Target together with either the stand-alone ColorChecker Camera Calibration software or the Adobe Lightroom® Plug-In.
This advanced camera profiling technology provides excellent results with either reference target, producing profiles that work exceptionally well under virtually any lighting condition. Auto-detection will locate the target automatically making the profile creation process a breeze. Whether you are shooting with just one camera or multiple cameras, Color Perfectionists can easily establish an accurate color foundation and maintain control of their colors.
- Minimize color differences between cameras and lenses
- Adapt for mixed lighting
- Match color balance across different scenes
Dual – Illuminant DNG Profiles
A dual-illuminant profile combines images taken under two different light sources to create a single profile, which can be applied to an even wider variety of lighting conditions. Dual-Illuminant profiles can be made with any two of twenty-one supported illuminants, giving you the freedom to move between most lighting conditions without switching profiles.