HANDHELD DIGITAL OPTICAL MICROSCOPE PRO
The Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is an easy to use, low-power microscope with a 5.0 MP sensor for capturing photos and video of your discoveries. At low magnification, the Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is ideal for viewing stamps, coins, bugs, plants, rocks, skin, gems, circuit boards, and more. You can even view traditional slides at high magnification.
Create high-resolution images, VGA quality video, and time-lapse animations using the included Micro Capture Pro software. You can also take accurate measurements and make notes on your specimens using this intuitive software. An adjustable LED illuminator ensures your specimens are clear and bright, while the fully adjustable, professional stand allows for steady shots even at high magnification.
Intended for the discriminating hobbyist or professional, the Handheld Digital Microscope Pro is well suited for jobs such as entomology, industrial quality control, component inspection, medical investigation, scientific research, and forensics documentation—just to name a few.
A new version of the Micro Capture Pro software has been released! Download the latest version on the Support Tab.
NOTE: ID which version you have-44308 or 44308-B. Look for the “B” printed on the microscope barrel. If you have it, download the software for 44308-B, if not, download software for 44308. *Refer to the FAQ for more details.
Enhance your workbench or lab with Celestron’s Handheld Digital Microscope Pro. This compact magnifying tool offers handheld and stand-mounted operating options. Using the included wide stand with a metal rod, it allows you to adjust and secure your working distance and the horizontal position of the microscope above your samples. The base also provides two pre-loaded clips to hold your slides or flat samples. With its 5.0MP imaging sensor (capable of capturing still images and videos), infrared-reducing 5-element glass lens, and an 8-LED illumination ring, you capture bright and crisp high-resolution images and 30 fps videos. Optimized for 3D examination of larger objects, this kit also can be useful to study miniature artifacts by bumping up the magnification power. The effective magnifying power depends on the size of your monitor and can be increased up to 800x. The device also provides a wide angle of view, an unlimited focusing distance starting from 0.4″ (10mm), and an integrated USB cord shutter control.
Imager, Optics, Illumination
- 5.0MP CMOS sensor
- Captures still images with resolution of 5.0MP, 3.0MP, 1.3MP; 12MP using VGA interpolation
- Captures VGA videos at 30 fps
- Shutter speeds from 1/1000 to 1 second
- 20-200x system magnification
- 5-element infrared-reducing glass lens
- 15.8mm effective focal length
- 13° angular field of view
- Focusing range from 0.4″ (10mm) to infinity
- Illumination ring consists of 8 LEDs with adjustable brightness
- Power and data visual data transfer via USB 2.0 connection
- Handheld or mounted operation
- Stand with metal rod with adjustable height and rotation
- Wide stable sample base with two pre-loaded slide clips
- 4′ long USB 2.0 cable with an integrated shutter trigger and LED brightness wheel