Delivering incredible performance at speeds of up to 12 fps, the EOS R6 camera can capture the split-second details between a subject’s movements. This is great for dynamic action photos such as athletes, animals or vehicles in motion. or silent 20 fps with an electronic shutter, is ideal for working with moving subjects.
20MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
Built around a revised 20MP full-frame CMOS sensor, the EOS R6 offers modest resolution to complement a more manageable workflow, especially for those working with the web and small print forms as their final output. This sensor is paired with a fine-tuned DIGIC X image processor, which enables impressive stills and video capabilities, along with sensitivity from ISO 100-102400, which can be expanded up to ISO 204800.
4K60 and Full HD 120 Video Recording
Beyond stills, the 20MP sensor also affords UHD 4K video recording at up to 60 fps, along with Full HD at 120 fps for slow-motion playback. Both formats can be recorded internally at 4:2:2 10-bit and both Canon Log and HDR-PQ are supported for greater control over color rendering, and to suit high dynamic range output. Additionally, Dual Pixel CMOS AF is supported for all recording settings and external recording, via the HDMI port, enables clean 4K output to an optional external recorded.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
An updated Dual Pixel CMOS AF II features 1053 selectable focusing points, which cover approximately 100% of the image frame for wide and even coverage. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Subject tracking has also been benefitted through the use of Deep Learning technology, which helps to gradually refine the focusing system’s ability to quickly and accurately recognize both people and animal subjects. This technology also supports the more refined eye, face, and head detection functions, for both people and animals.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
A first for EOS cameras, the R6 incorporates five-axis sensor-shift image stabilization that compensates for up to an impressive eight stops of camera shake for truly effective compensation of camera shake to suit handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system also works in concert with lens-based optical image stabilization for both native RF lenses and adapted EF lenses.
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5″ electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
Dual Storage Card Slots and Wireless Connectivity
- Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots are featured for flexible storage needs.
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is available for fast file transferring to a mobile device and Bluetooth is present to provide constant device connection via the Canon Camera Connect app.
- A 3.5mm headphone port and separate 3.5mm external microphone port are featured for improved audio monitoring and recording capabilities.
- Comfortable and solid in the hand, the EOS R6’s exterior is made of lightweight and rigid polycarbonate resin, while the internal structure is mainly made of magnesium alloy that enhances body durability while shielding the camera from electromagnetic radiation and heat. It also has a tempered front panel for internal rigidity
- Durable, weather-sealed body design is built to handle tough working conditions and inclement weather. Sealing materials are used in critical areas like the buttons, terminal covers, the battery compartment and the card slot cover. Precise design and construction help to minimize accidental penetration of dust and moisture in the rest of the camera body.
Firmware Version 1.5.1, Released Feb 2022
- Fixes an issue that in rare instances, may cause the camera to become inoperable when shooting in the Servo AF setting while operating the AF-ON button.