Acronym’s way of combining contemporary silhouettes with oversized utilitarian details and overlaying with a future-sport palette, is at the forefront of this movement. Prada’s use of webbing and carabineer-inspired closures adds to the feeling of protection from the unknown in a world full of uncertainty.
From cars to the catwalk, gradients and high contrast edging remind us of classic sporting looks. But this concept definitely has a clear view to the future. Dirty, matte greys and blues combine with striking, highsheen metallics and bold highlights.
A hard shell with a soft interior. Just as the wearer constructs themselves this way, so the outfits reflect their outlook – aggressive, but optimistic; looking back, but facing forward; and functional, but luxurious. Cutting edge technology blends with familiar wools and nylons for a look that brings the best of the past into the future.
KEY STYLE 1: THE SMOCK JACKET
Inspired by military silhouettes with a need for ample storage, the smock is a key style for the season. A shorter length centre zip frees up space for pockets. Fabricated from a semi-rigid nylon of around 80gsm allows for structure with drape, as well as water resistance.
KEY STYLE 2: THE QUILTED JACKET
Designed with warmth in mind, the body carries a heavier weight of quilting than the sleeves, so there is no compromise on mobility. A 50gsm nylon with an almost butter-like hand-feel gives sheen and lustre. Cut slim to the body, it is designed to fit under the smock.
- A zipped-in hood forms the padding within the collar
- Roomy dump pockets, darted for shape
- An angled, easy access, smart phonesized chest pocket
High shine metal components
INDUSTRIAL HEAT DETAILS
- Double row quilt stitching to emphasise the baffles
- Functional hand-warmer front cargo pockets
- Contrast coloured internal details
KEY STYLE 3: THE CROPPED PANT
Cut between 3/4 and 7/8 in length, the ‘new’ cropped pant also features a dropped crotch, emphasising the changing proportions of the season. Utilising a stretch twill, or heavier weight warp knit, the pant has a robust look and feel.
KEY STYLE 4: THE COMPRESSION TIGHT
A 250gsm nylon/elastane warp knit gives coverage and the sensation of compression. A breathable mesh behind the knee allows for cooling, and a soil-resistant nano-coating keeps dirt and water from soaking into the tight.
SMOG SIRENS DETAILS
- Stash pocket on the thigh stop a phone from falling out when cycling
- Ergonomic elongated knee darts
- Extra volume created by gathers or pleats provide freedom of movement
- Boxer-style elasticated waistband
- Freedom of movement gusset panel
- Electrostatic flocked hem finish