A short telephoto prime featuring a compact design, the YN85mm S DF DSM Lens from Yongnuo is designed for full-frame-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens’s bright f/1.8 design suits working in low-light conditions and enables increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The optical design features nine elements in eight groups, incorporates one low dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing. In addition, one high refractive index element reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for increased clarity and definition for sharp image quality. A nano multi-layer coating is applied to each optical surface to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast in strong lighting conditions. Balancing the optics is a DSM autofocus stepping motor, which promotes fast and quiet focusing performance to suit both photo and video applications.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length when used on an APS-C type body.
- Bright f/1.8 design suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also helps to achieve a compact overall form factor.
- One low dispersion elements limits color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy, and one high refractive index element contributes to overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements in order to control flare and ghosting to suit working in bright and backlit conditions.
- Digital Stepping Motor (DSM) offers notably quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance.
- Customizable Control Function Button.
- AF/MF Focus Mode Switch.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body.
- Gold-plated contacts for consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- Incorporated USB Type-C port for updating lens firmware.