Wimberley The Plamp II Overview
The Plamp II from Wimberly is a 23″ articulating Loc-Line arm designed to help photographers position objects and tools during a shoot. This arm has a load capacity of about 8 ounces, depending on the positioning of the arm, and will easily clamp to tripod legs or similar objects 0.9 to 1.4″ in diameter. This holds it securely while the thumbscrew clip holds the object. The nylon clip is extremely versatile with foam jaw inserts for delicate materials, a holding notch that fits the outer rim of diffusers and reflectors, an arched recess that allows for the gripping of round objects. The thumbscrew activated clip is also very strong and precise as well as being able to open up to 1″. Additionally, the Plamp II is lightweight at 7.9 ounces.
- Loc-Line jointed segments allow you to adjust the length of your Plamp, even allowing the use of optional extensions
- Tripod clamp has an adjustable spring tension for your preference
- Large diameter segments allow for the joining of multiple Plamps in a series
- It will hold 12″ reflectors and diffusers in any position, 20″ reflectors in a vertical position or slight cantilever, and for anything larger than
- 20″ two Plamps are recommended