Tilta MB-T15 Overview
The Tiltaing Mini Matte Box from Tilta is a lightweight, compact matte box with interchangeable mounting systems that suits small mirrorless or DSLR cameras. It accepts one standard 4 x 5.65″ filter without the use of filter trays and includes four adapter rings to attach the matte box to the lens. The included carbon fiber top flag helps block veiling glare or bright reflections from striking your lens, and it can be folded down to cover the front of the matte box and provide protection to the front of your lens.
The matte box can be mounted onto the included 3.9″ rod with the 15mm rod clamp. There are multiple 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 threads as well as shoe mounts on the matte box exterior that allow you to mount additional accessories. The matte box fits around lenses with a 77mm diameter, and the included 67, 72, 77, and 82mm threaded adapter rings allow you to use the matte box with lenses of different sizes and diameters. Separately available cine 80 and 85mm adapter rings can be used for cine-style lenses and other non-standard lens adapters are available separately.
- The Mini Matte Box attaches directly to the front of a lens using the included 82, 77, 72, and 67mm adapter rings.
- Multiple 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 threads and shoe mounts allow you to mount additional accessories.
- One standard 4 x 5.65″ filter can be added to the front of the matte box.
- A top flag is included to block unwanted glare and offers 180° of coverage.
- The matte box can be mounted using the included 15mm rod clamp and 3.9″ long 15mm rod.