Sony HT-A7000 Overview
Enjoy virtual surround sound for everything you watch with the Sony HT-A7000 500W Virtual 7.1.2-Channel Soundbar. Its ability to decode multichannel audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X adds a height dimension to your compatible media. Onboard processing technologies augment stereo sources to virtual surround sound as well to provide a more immersive experience for all your media.
The soundbar has Bluetooth connectivity built-in, allowing wireless pairing with your compatible smart device for wireless audio streaming. Its wired connections include two HDMI inputs, a 3.5mm aux input, an optical input, and a USB port for media playback from suitable drives. The HDMI output is eARC- and ARC-compatible, so you can hear audio from your smart TV’s built-in apps like Netflix and YouTube.
Supreme Virtual Surround Sound
The HT-A7000 has a total of 7.1.2 virtual channels: two up-firing drivers for overhead sound, two beam tweeters, five front-facing drivers, and a pair of passive radiators for wider virtual surround sound and a punch of bass. With Vertical Surround Engine and S-Force PRO Front Surround, the HT-A7000 creates virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you, so you can fully enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
Experience Sound from Above with Vertical Surround Engine Technology
Thanks to Sony’s virtual surround technology, the soundbar can position sound in vertical space, so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling speakers. As well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Vertical Surround Engine lends a more realistic, multi-dimensional sound to other formats too.
Surround Made Simple with S-Force PRO Front Surround
Using only the front drivers, this digital sound field processing technology virtually reproduces the surround sound field, with audio coming at you from both sides. You can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound without cluttering your living space.
- Sophisticated Speaker Technology
- Sit back and enjoy room-filling acoustics with two up-firing drivers for overhead sound, five front-firing beam tweeters, and two passive radiators for a punch of bass.
- Up-firing drivers reflect sound off the ceiling for immersive overhead audio. Combined with Vertical Surround Engine technology, these give you an even more atmospheric overhead sound experience.
- Beam tweeters bounce sound off the walls and expand surround sound to give you an immersive experience that goes beyond the size of your TV. They combine with S-Force PRO Front
- Surround technology for even wider surround sound.
- Passive radiators vibrate from the air pressure within the soundbar, delivering low-end bass to enhance your content.
- The front drivers provide high-quality sound with less distortion and high vocal clarity from an X-Balanced Speaker Unit.
X-Balanced Speaker Unit
The up-firing drivers, tweeters, and passive radiators feature an X-Balanced Speaker Unit. The unique rectangular shape of these components maximizes the diaphragm area for more punchy bass. It also reduces driver excursion while maintaining sound pressure, resulting in less distortion and greater vocal clarity.
Movies and Games Feel Real
Support for 8K UHD, 4K/120 pass-through, and Dolby Vision brings vivid visuals and quality sound to shows, movies, and fast paced video game play.
Supreme Music Quality
Enjoy music the way the artists truly intended with High-Resolution Audio for crystal-clear precision. Or discover a new way of listening with 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive live concert or studio session experience. With the HT-A7000, your music comes to life like never before.
Real-Time Restoration of All Your Compressed Files with DSEE Extreme
Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Extreme (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) upscales compressed digital music files in real time. Dynamically recognizing instrumentation, musical genres, and individual elements of each song, such as vocals or interludes, it restores the high-range sound lost in compression for a richer, more complete listening experience.
Sound Field Optimization
The HT-A7000 with built-in microphones intelligently measures the position of each speaker, vertically and horizontally, and optimizes sound to your room. The HT-A7000 lets you enjoy Sound Field Optimization with or without optional speakers. Activate this feature from initial settings or the home menu.
Even More Immersion with BRAVIA Acoustic Center Sync
When connected to a BRAVIA TV with Acoustic Center Sync using the supplied cable, both the soundbar and the TV become the center speaker in your home cinema system. This enables sound to precisely match what’s on the screen for a truly immersive experience.
With Acoustic Center Sync, you’ll hear dialogue from exactly where the character is standing in the scene. Action and sound are precisely aligned, so your viewing becomes much more immersive.
With an integrated UI, soundbar settings automatically appear on the BRAVIA Quick Settings menu for easy control of sound modes, sound field, and volume.
Enjoy Music with the Whole Family
- Easily access popular music services like Spotify and stream all your favorite albums and playlists using Chromecast or Apple AirPlay 2. Call your family over and get the party going.
- Stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop with Bluetooth technology.
- Connect to the internet with built-in Wi-Fi and stream music from devices on your home network.
- Play Spotify directly through your speaker using the Spotify Connect app on your device as a remote.
- Stream music, online radio, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your audio device with Chromecast built-in. Just tap the Cast button.
- Share music and more from your favorite Apple devices to your soundbar. All with a tap.
Immersive AE for a Broader Soundstage for All Your Media
A clever algorithm adds overhead sound to conventional surround soundtracks—and even stereo audio—converting everything you listen to into immersive sound experiences. Just press the Immersive AE button on the remote to activate.
Just add the HT-A7000 soundbar to your speaker group using the Google Home app and all you have to do is say the word—whether you want to start playing music, change the volume, or many other functions via the Google Assistant.
The HT-A7000 is almost ready to go straight out of the box. Simply plug it in, connect to your TV using the HDMI eARC connection (if available; optical if not) and power on. With USB, optical. and analog audio in as well as HDMI in and out (eARC), and S-CENTER OUT for compatible BRAVIA models, you have all the connections you need to enjoy a breathtaking surround sound experience.
Omnidirectional Block Design
The HT-A7000 and optional speakers have been designed under a common Omnidirectional Block concept. The design of HT-A7000 is a perfect match for the optional speakers. Its sophisticated rounded edges represent a single solid block, providing wide-spreading sound. The combination of rich material textures emphasizes an affinity with any living room environment.
Available optional equipment is designed to help you enhance the immersion of your content. From more bass to hearing objects fly by you, the subwoofer and rear speaker accessories take out any guesswork of connecting as they automatically pair to the HT-A7000 once they are powered on.
- Digital S-Master HX amplifier
- YUV 4:4:4, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG pass-through
- BRAVIA Sync
- Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, and Standard sound modes
- Night Mode, Voice Mode, and Immersive Audio Enhancement sound effects
- Dolby Speaker Virtual surround sound technology
- Music Service button
Sony Sa-Sw3 200W Wireless Subwoofer
- Experience powerful, booming sound with the SW3 wireless subwoofer for use with HT-A9 & A7000 soundbars.
- Deep bass and further clearness and fidelity
- Wireless connectivity and quick and easy setup
- Add depth with 200W powerful bass