Sirui Pro UV Filter Overview
This 55mm Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filter from Sirui is a general-use, clear filter designed to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. Aside from the reduction of unwanted blue casts, no additional coloration or contrast is created, and adjustments to exposure are not required while using this filter. When the 55mm Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filter is applied, greater than 50% of ultraviolet light waves are absorbed at 370 nanometers, before which they are progressively eliminated, helping to limit the light that enters a camera to the visible spectrum. The appearance of blue casts that can occur while recording video or still photos under daylight that also features ultraviolet light is reduced, preserving color accuracy throughout the frame.
Sirui Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filters are constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity and provides over 99% transmission of visible light. This 55mm Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filter features a durable, 3.4mm-thick aluminum alloy filter ring that minimizes the potential for vignetting while remaining lightweight.
To help eliminate internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface of this 55mm Ultra Slim S-Pro Nano MC UV Filter features 22 layers of anti-reflective UV coatings. The filter is also coated for resistance to oil, static, dirt, and scratches, offering greater protection to the filter and helping it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The coatings are also hydrophobic, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
- Absorbs greater than 50% of ultraviolet light waves at 370 nanometers, before which they are progressively eliminated, reducing bluish cast of daylight when recording video or still photos
- Does not require adjustments to exposure while in use
- 22 layers of anti-reflective UV coatings prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Coated for oil, static, dirt, as well as scratch resistance, and provides an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning
- Approximately 99% average visible light transmission
- Constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity
- Slim, 3.4mm-thick, aluminum alloy filter ring assembly helps to prevent vignetting, while remaining lightweight
- 55mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport