Silence Corner Atoll D Overview
The Atoll D Rotating Camera Collar from Silence Corner is a rotating collar that attaches to a camera body to allow quick rotation from portrait to landscape orientation. This is useful for when vertical and horizontal images are required. Unlike a traditional L-bracket, the Atoll doesn’t need to be removed from the tripod head to change orientation. Simply release the locking knob and rotate the camera to change from portrait to landscape orientation quickly and easily. Articulating screens can be fully moved and positioned without any compromise. The Atoll has tactile indicators at 0-, 90-, and 180° to ensure alignment is maintained. As the camera is mounted with the sensor positioned in the center of the Atoll, the center point of the image is maintained during rotation.
The mounting foot on the Atoll is Arca-type compatible, providing wide-range compatibility with most tripod heads and clamps on the market. It also features a standard 1/4″-20 threaded socket. The second plate under the camera is also Arca-type compatible and additionally compatible with various capture clip-style accessories. The Atoll is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy with a black finish, and is rugged yet remarkably lightweight.
Canon: 50D, 60D, 600D, 70D, 80D, 90D, 7D, 7D II, 6D, 6D II, 5D, 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 5D S, 5D SR
Compatible Cameras with Additional Heightening Plate
Canon: 550D, 650D, 750D, 760D, 77D, 850D
Nikon: Z7 II, Z7, Z6 II, Z6, Z5
FUJIFILM: X-T4, X-H2S
Panasonic: G9, GH5, GH5 II, GH6
- Inner Diameter: 75mm
- The diameter of most Sigma and Tamron f/2.8 DSLR lenses exceeds the inner diameter of the Atoll and cannot be mounted
- Cameras with a protruding pentaprism / pop-up flash housing may only provide 135° of rotation
- IR remote ports or function buttons on the front of the camera may be covered by the Atoll S
- Compatible with Sigma MC11 adapter
- Atoll D with heightening plate can fully align to the lens center, most Z-series lenses like Nikon Z 14-24mm f/2.8 and 24-70mm f/2.8 can be mounted
- Compatible with Nikon FTZ II adapter
- Atoll may not fully align to the lens center with a FTZ II adapter, and non-NIKON lenses may not be compatible.
- May not be compatible with Metabones adapters or select other adapters
- Not compatible with tilt/shift lenses
- Some cameras bodies may require the use of a Heightening Plate, available separately
- Not compatible with flagship cameras (like Canon 1DX/Canon R3/Nikon D4/Nikon Z9)
- Not compatible with medium format cameras (like FUJIFILM GFX 100S)
- Not compatible with camera with battery grips or body cages