Ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture, and events, the 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is a small, light, and bright standard zoom for crop-sensor mirrorless cameras. Offered here with a Sony E-mount, this lens provides a versatile full-frame equivalent zoom range of 27-75mm and a wide constant aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. The lens design includes three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements coupled with a special low dispersion element. Together they minimize the total number of elements for superb optical quality without excessive weight. Autofocus is exceptionally fast and quiet thanks to the lens’s stepping motor, which can be particularly useful when shooting video or fast-moving subjects such as children and animals. An ultimate workhorse, the lens features a minimum focusing distance of just 4.8″, enabling it to be used for macro-style close-up photography, and the lens is also outfitted with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Standard zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount cameras and provides a 27-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- In-camera aberration correction further eliminates optical imperfections such as distortion and vignetting.
- Stepping motor with nearly silent autofocus that makes it perfectly suited to a range of photographic applications, including shooting in quiet environments, recording videos, and capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.8″ and a 1:2.8 maximum magnification ratio benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
There are no reviews yet.