The Stereo VideoMic Pro Rycote from Rode builds on the success of the Stereo VideoMic Pro with a few improved upgrades such as a Rycote Lyre shockmount, higher-sensitivity X/Y capsules, denser foam windscreen, better RF shielding, and a thicker Kevlar braided cable. The microphone retains all of the switch locations and other features as the previous model, for use as an on-camera DSLR and camcorder microphone for video applications.
The integrated Rycote Lyre shockmount system protects against handling noise. The Stereo VideoMic features a high-pass filter switch at 75 Hz for minimizing low-frequency noise, and a -10 dB pad for maximizing headroom on behalf of capturing loud signals without distortion. The +20 dB level-boost switch is specifically designed to provide a higher-quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the camera preamp level is reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and a much clearer recording.
- Broadcast-recording-quality on-camera microphone
- Matched pair, 1/2″ condenser capsules in X/Y stereo configuration
- Ultra-lightweight, compact form factor
- Two-step high-pass filter (flat, 75 Hz)
- Three-position level control (-10, 0, +20 dB)
- 9V-battery-powered – over 100 hours of use (alkaline)
- Integrated Rycote Lyre shockmount
- Denser foam windscreen
- 1/8″ (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack output
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting
There are no reviews yet.