Compact and versatile, the Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom designed for DX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras. Covering a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom range, this lens is well-suited to everyday shooting situations. Its optical design incorporates aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations for sharper, clearer image quality throughout the zoom range. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions.
The lens’s flexible focal length range is complemented by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Standard zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.