Lensbaby Creative Bokeh Optic Overview
Offering more than just the selective focus effects Lensbaby is known for, the Creative Bokeh Optic also allows you to generate creatively shaped bokeh in your selective focus imagery. Designed for use with a tilting Lens Body, this 50mm f/2.5 optic has a distinct curved field of focus that allows you to place the area of sharp focus anywhere within the image frame and have the rest of the image shrouded in a smooth, ethereal blur. The aperture range helps to control the size of the sweet spot of focus and 12 diaphragm blades contribute to a smooth bokeh quality to suit the selective focus look. In addition to the traditional diaphragm, eleven drop-in aperture disks are also included for producing unique shapes in the out-of-focus highlights in a scene, such as a sunburst, heart, star, or whirlpool effects.
- Part of the Lensbaby Optic Swap System, this optic requires an additional Lensbaby Lens Body for use, such as one from the Composer-series or a Muse, Control Freak, or Scout lens body.
- Normal-length 50mm f/2.5 lens provides a comfortable, standard field of view that is well-suited to isolating subjects.
- Distinct curvature of field produces a sweet spot of focus to suit making selective focus imagery.
- Besides adjusting exposure, the f/2.5 to f/22 aperture range allows you to control the size of the sweet spot of focus.
- A 12-blade diaphragm, which is controlled by a front ring on the optic, contributes to a smooth, pleasing bokeh quality.
- In addition to the 12-blade diaphragm, 11 drop-in magnetic aperture disks are also included to produce recognizable and creatively shaped bokeh. These disks include diamonds, drip-splat, slots, swirly, whirlpool, birds, sunburst, heart, and star, as well as two blank aperture disks for making your own patterns.
- Lens construction uses a single uncoated glass element to deliver a distinct soft, ethereal, and dreamy image quality.