Godox GM7S Overview
4K HDMI 7″ High-Bright On-Camera Monitor
With an expanded 7″ screen and 1200 cd/m² brightness, the GM7S 7″ 4K HDMI Touchscreen On-Camera Monitor from Godox offers a clearer way to monitor your video on set from your DSLR camera or camcorder. An HDMI input and HDMI output support up to 4K video. Various video assist functions and the ability to import 3D LUTs give you heightened creative control over your production. Embedded REC.709 color calibration ensures accurate color reproduction. The GM7S’s overall fanless design with multiple power options makes it optimal for content creators and freelancers alike.
The 7″ screen has a 1920 x 1200 resolution and an overall viewing angle of 160°, allowing multiple people to look at the monitor simultaneously. Its peak brightness of 1200 cd/m² ensures you can view the monitor, even in bright outdoor, sunlit conditions. An included sun hood further improves visibility. REC.709 color calibration guarantees reliable color reproduction.
Custom 3D LUT Support
Upload up to 25 custom 3D LUTs via the integrated SD card slot on the GM7S. This allows for an instant preview of your post-production color grading and saves time. The monitor can also convert Log into REC.709.
Video Assist Functions and Control Options
- Visual tools like AI waveform, false color, and focus assist aid in framing your shot and adjusting exposure. Monitor your audio levels and battery status with features like audio metering and battery tip.
- An intuitive UI interface gives you fast access to frequently used functions for efficient navigation via the touchscreen. Five shortcut keys with 18 options can be custom configured for a user-friendly experience.
- Using a separately available camera control cable, you can access your camera’s functions directly from the monitor without needing to swap between devices. Change settings like your focus, ISO, aperture, and shutter speed.
Flexible Power Options
Three power options on the GM7S give you the ultimate flexibility when configuring your camera rig setup. Dual L-series battery plates on the back of the monitor can be used in single- or dual-battery applications. A USB-C port can power the monitor via a battery pack. You can even use a DC source with a separately available DC cable. An additional DC output allows you to divert extra power to accessories like fill lights.
- The GM7S is fanless for a completely silent device, ideal for sound-sensitive environments.
- A rugged metal housing protects the monitor while increasing the surface area for improved heat dissipation.