FUJIFILM GFX 50S II Overview
The GFX 50S II has also been updated with a five-axis in-body image stabilization system that negates up to 6.5 stops of camera shake for improved handheld shooting, providing dramatically broad creative possibilities for image makers wanting to work more freely with slower shutter speeds. For composing images, a 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder can be used for high-resolution eye-level viewing, and a rear 3.2″ 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD features a three-way tilting design that supports working from high and low angles. Additionally, the GFX 50S II offers a magnesium alloy build that is both lightweight and durable and is also dust- and weather-sealed, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for working in harsh environmental conditions.
51.4MP CMOS Sensor and X-Processor 4
Utilizing a large, 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor and an improved X-Processor 4, the GFX 50S II is capable of delivering high-resolution, 14-bit stills with a broad sensitivity range of ISO 100-12800, which can be extended to ISO 50-102400. The large size of each pixel allows for more efficient light gathering, too, for smoother tonal and color transitions to produce a characteristic three-dimensional “medium format look.” Also contributing to several medium format looks, a variety of traditional medium and large format aspect ratios can be used in addition to the standard 4:3, including 1:1, 65:24, 5:4, 7:6, 3:2, and 16:9. The image processor and sensor also permit shooting continuously up to 3 fps or for recording Full HD 1080p video at 29.97, 25, 24, and 23.98 fps frame rates.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
Standing out from its predecessor, the GFX 50S II features an in-body image stabilization system that provides up to an impressive 6.5 stops of five-axis stabilization. This provides dramatically broad possibilities for image makers wanting to work more freely with slow shutter speeds.
117-Point Autofocus System
Complimenting the updated image processor is a 117-point autofocus system enabling razor-sharp responses, whether subject tracking or picking out a face in a crowd. An improved autofocusing algorithm boosts focusing performance in all modes, including face and eye detection.
Additional Camera Features
- The FUJIFILM G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of 19 of FUJIFILM’s film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Eterna, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Mechanical focal plane permits working with shutter speeds from 60 min. up to 1/4000 sec, and an electronic shutter allows the use of shutter speeds up to 1/16000 sec for working in bright light conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- Tethered shooting is possible using X Acquire software to send images from the camera to a hot folder on your computer for further editing. Alternatively, the Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and HS-V5 for Windows operating systems are also available.
- 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder is included for high-resolution, 0.77x-magnification eye-level viewing.
- A 3.2″ 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting.
- LCD monitor is also featured on the top plate for settings confirmation and exposure data.
- Single NP-W235 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide approximately 440 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for direct wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.