Inspired by Yeezy, and Tim Coppens’ sportswear collection for Under Armour, oversized outerwear is paired with compressive, sport-inspired next to- skin pieces; whilst Stella McCartney, both with her own collection and her collaboration with Adidas, continues to experiment with the contrasts of voluminous and form-fitting silhouettes.
Softened blacks provide the base to off-whites, nudes, cocoas, and smokey translucent. These are contrasted with washed out brights, more acidic than fluorescent, and an additional feeling of luxury delivered by a rich rose gold. A somewhat tempered bright orange can be shot through either color story, reminding us that athleisure is rooted in active.
Outer layers that envelope and cocoon combine with next-to-skin pieces that wrap and entangle. This concept appears both intimate and ethereal. Footwear and accessories are a key consideration of this outfit too, to intensify the feeling of beauty and privacy. Mesh combines function with femininity, whilst translucent materials are both provocative and protective.
The emphasis of the Shrouded concept is on color combinations, layers, and fabric pairings, with graphics only created within knit structures or a subtle ombré. Through color groupings, outfits can be styled more towards an athletic visual, or conversely towards leisure
KEY STYLE 1: THE HOODED WRAP
Ideal for a post-yoga Savasana (or at least to look like that’s what you’ve just been doing) the hooded wrap blends natural and technical fibers such as organic cotton, Tencel, and bamboo. It is a key piece for the season, combining comfort with functionality, for an effective warm-down.
KEY STYLE 2: THE BRA TOP
Created to be worn both as an undergarment or on its own, the bra top is a combination of function and beauty. The main body of the strap is supportive before splitting off into intricate detailing from just over the shoulder point. Two layers of 200gsm nylon/elastane provide coverage and a moderate level of support.
KEY STYLE 3: THE WARP KNIT TIGHT
A 280gsm nylon/elastane seamless warp knit gives breathability where it needs to be and higher levels of compression targeted around the calves. The removal of many key seams provides an extremely comfortable experience.
• Deep-cut oversized and slouchy hood
• Extra long drawcords with technical stoppers
• Front panels cut longer than back
• Sleeves fit snugly at the forearm to functionally hold the wrap in place
• Breathable or mesh under-bust band
• Wide front straps to provide support and comfort
• Zig-zag stitching for stretch and security
• A key concept color vehicle (both monotone and blocked)
• Electrostatic flocking gives a velvety soft finish to the ankle hem, with excellent stretch and recovery
• Zoned ventilation knitted into the key areas
• Deep waistband for comfort and grip
• Centre back zip pocket to store cards or a small phone