Zhiyun Molus G200 Overview
Designed as a small yet powerful light that you can hold in the palm of your hand, the MOLUS G200 Bi-Color LED Monolight from Zhiyun boasts a host of professional features to meet your varied lighting requirements. Allowing for seamless integration with any lighting rig, its innovative design permits effortless detachment of the controller from the light body. Another major feature is a MAX Extreme mode that increases the light’s peak output to 300W. You get amplified power, bi-color capability, practical control, and a lightweight fixture at only 2.2 pounds. Its compact 5 x 5 x 2.6″ form factor allows you to position it where larger lights just won’t fit.
Light Your Ways
A great light instrument for still photography and video applications alike, the G200 produces even illumination for image-makers looking for a portable and efficient light. The light is well-suited for studios, live streaming rooms, and other scenarios. Using the included power supply, you’ll be ready to shoot if there is an AC outlet nearby. Zhiyun includes a carry bag for storage and transportation.
Designed with chip-on-board (COB) LED technology, the G200 is suitable for use in interior, exterior, and mixed lighting conditions. It offers a variable color temperature of 2700 to 6500K and dims from 0 to 100%.
At 5500K, this bright LED light delivers 9390 lux at 3.3′, rising to 60,700 lux at 3.3′ with the included reflector
Users will appreciate advanced proficiency in color reproduction with impressive ratings of CRI 95, TLCI 97, CQS 94, TM-30 Rf 94, and TM-30 Rg 101.
Innovative Design and Control
With no complications, adjustments are quickly and easily made onboard or from a distance via the app. Detachable from the light body, the G200’s controller is equipped with two interactive buttons and a display screen for simple and quick management of the light’s settings. For remote operation, the ZY Vega app lets you control dimming and switch presets using your smartphone.
Five built-in presets for easy one-press color temperature and brightness adjustment
The controller measures 6.5 x 4.9 x 2.3″ and weighs approximately 2 pounds
MAX Extreme Mode
The MAX Extreme mode enables you to increase the light fixture’s output when you need extra power to brighten your scenes. The G200 boasts a peak output of up to 200W under normal usage, but with this one-press mode, it delivers a staggering peak output of up to 300W.
At 4300K, the MAX Extreme mode brightness is 13,800 lux at 3.3′, escalating to 85,800 lux at 3.3′ with the included reflector
One Light, Three Modes
- The light features Normal, Live, and Music modes, which can be used to enhance and even transform your shot. With the fixture’s built-in microphone, the Music mode can create a dynamic experience for your audience.
- You can use the Normal mode to simply turn on the light using its conventional switch
- The Live mode turns on the light automatically after connecting to power
- Sync your lighting with the music beats using the Music mode
DynaVort Cooling System
- The sleek design houses a COB light source with a meticulous cooling system. The G200 employs its DynaVort Cooling System, which consists of a heat sink and a FOC fan to prevent overheating.
- Although the G200 is small, the unit offers full Bowens-mount versatility for compatibility with a wide variety of separately available modifiers. The light’s integrated arm is 180° adjustable for easy positioning. Besides that, an umbrella slot also makes the fixture flexible and convenient to use.