Smaller and even more lightweight, the CRANE-M2 S 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer from Zhiyun-Tech is designed with even more power than its predecessor to support compact cameras, smartphones, and action cameras up to 2.2 lb. The M2 S packs all the great features of the M2 and adds even more functionality, including a higher payload, longer runtime, PD fast charging, a smaller handgrip, stylish two-tone design, Bluetooth 5 support, a redesigned quick release camera plate, and a built-in LED light.
The CRANE-M2 S offers 360° pan, 320° tilt, and 320° roll rotation across six modes of operation, including POV and Vortex modes. It runs for approximately 10.5 hours on a built-in battery that’s rechargeable using an included cable. Over a wired connection, the gimbal can power a supported camera and control its zoom, shutter, and video start/stop functions. You can also control the gimbal movements with the free-download ZY Play mobile app for iOS and Android, providing remote control over many functions of the gimbal and filmmaking features such as time-lapse, panorama, and slow-motion capture.
The CRANE-M2 S features a quick release camera mounting system that lets you secure or remove your camera at the push of one lock button. Scale marks and memory locks help you balance the camera and lock the balance position for the camera used. The built-in fill light is integrated beside the camera plate, it features a CRI of 90+, 1000-lumen brightness, and five brightness levels, and it includes four interchangeable filters to change the color temperature.
An optional mounting accessory is required for attaching action cameras.
For a full list of compatible cameras, please see the most current compatibility information on the Zhiyun-Tech website page or in PDF format.
- Compact, more lightweight design for compact cameras, smartphones, and action cams up to 2.2 lb (an action cam mount is sold separately)
- 360° pan, 320° tilt, and 320° roll rotation
- Built-in LED light with filter kit
- 10.5-hour runtime on a built-in battery
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5
- PD fast charging
- Wired camera control, power
ZY Play iOS/Android app
Special app features such as time-lapse, panorama, and slow-motion capture
One-button quick release camera mounting system
Scale marks and memory locks for balancing
Mini tripod and other accessories included
Six Modes of Operation
- PF Mode: The camera pans as you turn the gimbal left and right. This feature is useful for hyperlapse capture and traveler footage.
- F Mode: The camera will follow the gimbal handle’s movements.
- L Mode: The camera direction is locked, so you won’t miss a shot in any situation.
- POV Mode: The CRANE-M2 S offers full-range POV mode, which allows for 360° synchronous movement on all three axes. Instead of leveling off during motion, the camera will remain locked in position no matter which way or how far you move the gimbal, allowing for true POV shots.
- Vortex Mode: Vortex mode gives you the freedom to perform cinematic 360° barrel shots in all dimensions.
Go Mode: Performs fast pan and tilt motions for dramatic action shots.
There are no reviews yet.