A wide-angle prime lens featuring a compact design, the YN35mm f/2.0 DF DSM Lens from Yongnuo is designed for full-frame format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens’s bright f/2.0 design suits working in low-light conditions and also enables increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The optical design features an aspherical element, along with one high refractive index element, which significantly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for increased clarity and definition for notably sharp image quality. It also features a low-dispersion glass element to suppress the dispersion problem caused by wide-angle lenses. Balancing the optics is a DSM autofocus system, which promotes fast and quiet focusing performance to suit both photo and video applications.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.0 design suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also helps to achieve a compact overall form factor.
- One low dispersion elements limits color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy.
- An aspherical element and one high-refractive index element are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements in order to control flare and ghosting to suit working in bright and backlit conditions.
- Digital Stepping Motor (DSM) offers notably quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance.
- Customizable Fn Function Button.
- AF/MF Focus Mode Switch.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body.
- Gold-plated contacts for consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- USB port is incorporated for updating lens firmware.