Characterized by its sleek design, the 24mm f/1.8 Lens from Viltrox is a 24mm wide-angle prime lens designed for Sony E full-frame mirrorless cameras. The flexible wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions and enables enhanced control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements, which combine to suppress a variety of aberrations and produce high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Three high refractive index elements are included to suppress a variety of aberrations and distortion and an HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
This compact lens incorporates an STM stepping motor, which produces fast, near silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. The lens features durable metal construction, and an integrated USB Type-C port for future firmware updates.
- Prime wide-angle lens designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras; however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements help to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Three high refractive index elements help to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- When used for astrophotography, the combination of aspherical elements and highly refractive ED elements greatly reduce radial glare to accurately render point light sources with clear colors.
- HD Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Eye Autofocus supported on enabled cameras.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated USB Type-C port for firmware updates.
There are no reviews yet.