The 50mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E-Mount from Viltrox is a full-frame format lens with a versatile normal field of view suitable for a broad range of applications, from portraiture to reportage, and the fast f/1.8 design excels in low-light conditions and for shallow depth of field. The optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion, two high transparent, and two aspheric elements to suppress a variety of aberrations and distortion, and an HD Nano multilayer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, the lens’s design also incorporates an STM stepping motor that affords fast, near silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens.
- Prime normal-length lens designed for full-frame format. When used on APS-C cameras, it has the equivalent perspective of a 75mm lens.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- 11 elements in 10 groups
- One extra-low dispersion elements and two high transparency elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspheric elements help to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD Nano multilayer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an ‘A’ position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Integrated micro-USB port for firmware updates.
There are no reviews yet.