Vanguard VEO ED Binoculars Overview
The VEO ED is a well-balanced, lightweight, and durable carbon-composite binocular. It is 100% waterproof/fogproof and designed to take on challenging weather conditions. Extra-low-dispersion glass (ED) effectively reduces chromatic aberration and enhances color resolution and contrast. Includes: Soft bag, neck strap, lens-cleaning cloth.
The Vanguard 8×42 VEO ED Binoculars address the particular demands of hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts by delivering bright high-contrast images with accurate true-to-life color and crisp clarity even when observing from long distances. To achieve this optical performance, these binoculars feature anti-reflection fully multi-coated extra-low dispersion (ED) glass with phase-correcting coatings on the BAK4 roof prisms. The combination of moderate magnification and generous objective lens diameter produces a wide exit pupil and and long eye relief that greatly improves viewing comfort with reduced eye strain, especially in low light.
Designed to stand up to a lifetime of outdoor use, their chassis is made of a lightweight and durable composite material that is also corrosion resistant to make it ideal for boaters. The optical tubes are waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions. Vanguard includes tethered front and rear lens caps to add an additional layer of protection in the field, with the ability to quickly react to glassing opportunities without fear of losing the caps.
- Moderate 8x magnification brings distant subjects in for viewing while maintaining a wide exit pupil and long eye relief
- 42mm objective lenses gather the light needed to ensure views remain bright and clear even in challenging light conditions
- Roof prism light path produces a compact form factor without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass delivers round exit pupils and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-corrected prism coatings reduce internal interference to improve contrast, clarity, and resolution
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true color rendition without halos, diffraction, or distortion across the entire field of view
- 330-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration offers a stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate in cold or wet conditions or when wearing gloves
- Twist-up click-stop eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Integrated 1/4″-20 socket on front of center hinge enables tripod mounting with optional adapter for hands-free use to eliminate vibrations and arm fatigue
- Exceptional 19mm eye relief improves viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain during long glassing sessions
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil will cover pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the entire scene in view without vignetting
- Lightweight and durable composite chassis maintains a neutral temperature in cold and wet conditions
- Chassis material is resistant to thermal expansion and contraction in fluctuating temperatures that can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time, preventing the ability to achieve sharp focus
- Mitsubishi rubber armor offers impact protection while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving though extreme temperature and environmental conditions
- Tethered ocular and flip-down objective lens caps allow for fast reaction to glassing opportunities while keeping the caps out of the way and safe