Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Overview
The Ultimate Portrait Prime
Often referred to as the perfect focal length for portraiture, the Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM is a fast short-telephoto prime distinguished by its flattering field of view, advanced optics, and ability to isolate subjects with shallow depth of field. As a G Master lens, too, this lens offers refined sharpness and bokeh quality, championing a pleasing image quality well-suited for portraits, events, and and other situations where focus control is paramount.
Fast Design, Refined Optics
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- One XA element is incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
Practical and Intuitive Handling
- Linear Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
There are no reviews yet.