SJ6 Legend 4K Action Camera (Black)
Whether you’re recording running, biking, flying, driving, or boating videos, the black SJ6 Legend 4K Action Camera from SJCAM features a waterproof case, gyro stabilization, and 4K resolution to capture sharp, high-quality footage no matter what the scene. The lightweight plastic body weighs only a few ounces and features a Panasonic MN34120PA CMOS sensor with a Novatek 96660 chipset.
The SJ6 Legend records MOV/MP4 H.264 video at a maximum resolution of 2880 x 2160p at 24 fps and takes 16MP JPEG photos at a maximum resolution of 4608 x 3456. It has a 166° wide-angle lens that facilitates quick focus and captures a large field of view. Numerous modes add to the functionality of the camera such as low light, time-lapse, photo burst, slow motion, video+photo, and TV mode, and it even has settings for underwater (tinting), car (syncs to the engine with optional cable), and FPV (first-person view) modes.
Its 2″ LCD rear touchscreen provides access to settings such as distortion correction, metering, 180° rotation, exposure time, adjustable FOV, loop recording, double file, raw photos, GYRO, EV, color, and white balance, each allowing you to fine-tune your shots. It also has a front LCD with basic information like timecode, resolution, battery level, and record mode.
The SJ6’s 1000mAh battery lasts approximately two hours on a full charge and can be charged via mini-USB. Since it’s removable, you can purchase a spare to swap in for longer shoots and charge with a separately available battery charger. The unit records to a microSD card with a maximum size of 128GB, and you can also output your video and photos via a micro-HDMI port. The USB port also allows you to plug in a separately available external microphone, and a small speaker and mic are integrated on the side of the camera.
The unit is equipped with Wi-Fi, and an optional wireless remote can be purchased separately to control video start/stop, photo burst, Wi-Fi on/off, photo shutter, and camera on/off. You can also use your iOS or Android smartphone to control the camera’s operations or edit and share your photos and videos with the free SJCAM Zone app.
The SJ6 comes with multiple mounting options, bases, and plates for optimal placement flexibility, as well as a waterproof back housing door and a touchscreen door for non-waterproof access during your shoot. The camera package also includes a mini-USB cable, lens cap, and cleaning cloth.
- Panasonic MN34120PA CMOS sensor; Novatek 96660 chipset
- MOV/MP4 H.264 video at a maximum resolution of 2880 x 2160p at 24 fps; slow-motion recording at 1280 x 720p at 120 fps
- 16MP JPEG photos at a maximum resolution of 4608 x 3456
- 2″ LCD touchscreen provides access to settings and modes; front LCD for basic info such as battery level, timecode, current mode, and resolution
- Numerous camera modes including low light, time-lapse, photo burst, slow motion, video+photo, TV, underwater (auto-tinting adjustments), car (syncs to the engine with optional cable), and FPV (first-person view)
- Configurable settings such as distortion correction, metering, 180° rotation, exposure time, adjustable FOV, loop recording, double file, raw photos, GYRO, EV, color, and white balance
- Wi-Fi connectivity, optional remote control to control on/off, shutter, burst, and start/stop functions
- SJCAM Zone smartphone app for camera control and photo/video editing available for iOS and Android
- Multiple mounts, bases, plates, waterproof and back touchscreen-access housing doors included, as well as a mini-USB cable, lens cap, and cleaning cloth