Mixing a comfortable wide-angle design with an ultra-fast maximum aperture, the 16mm f/1.4 DC DN is part of Sigma’s Contemporary series of lenses and is designed for use with APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens is adept at working in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for selective focus control. The optical design makes use of several low dispersion and aspherical elements, which control color fringing and various aberrations in order to provide high sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range. Individual elements also feature a Super Multi-Layer Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Benefitting the optical assets, this lens also sports a stepping AF motor for quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance that suits both still photography as well as video applications.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and three F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
There are no reviews yet.