Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 II Overview
Combining advanced optics with sophisticated handling, the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 FE II is a lightweight and compact short telephoto lens ideal for portraits and low light scenarios. In its second generation it manages to reduce both size and weight while improving optical and autofocus performance. Featuring 11 optical elements arranged into 8 groups, it utilizes a series of high-refraction and extra-low dispersion elements to achieve a glass surface that delivers smooth, creamlike bokeh. For this same purpose, the lens is equipped with a nine-bladed aperture diaphragm. The autofocus system has been reworked with an STM motor that acquires subjects quickly and quietly and can be controlled in a number of ways thanks to its customizable AF Lock button and focus ring. The body of the lens, made entirely out of metal, sports full weather sealing to keep out moisture, dust, and other contaminants.
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fully customizable focus ring and AF Lock buttons provide a new layer of controls, allowing you to tailor the lens exactly for your style of shooting
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Internal focus design along with weather sealing ensure dust and moisture resistance.
- The integrated autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, accurate, and precise AF control.
- Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
There are no reviews yet.