Featuring a fast design and a popular focal length, the Sony E-mount 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC from Samyang is a versatile wide-angle prime characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture for extensive depth of field control and low-light performance. The lens’s optical design incorporates a pair of high refractive index (HR) elements and one aspherical element, which help to control spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. An Ultra Multi-Coating is also featured to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Its manual focus design affords an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance and a floating elements system also helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- One aspherical element and two high refractive index elements help to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting in order to produce greater contrast and color accuracy.
- Floating elements system is employed, which maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 11.8″ to infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.