RODE Wireless ME Overview
Rode Quality Wireless Audio for Content Creators at Every Level
The Rode Wireless ME is a streamlined and easy-to-use wireless microphone system that lets content creators, vloggers, influencers, and mobile journalists at all experience levels quickly and confidently incorporate hands-free wireless audio into their productions—regardless of whether they’re shooting on a camera, tablet, or mobile device. In addition to the clip-on microphone/transmitter, the two-channel receiver also sports a built-in mic, making it possible to record audio from the camera operator—great for interviews and documentaries.
Boasting secure Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission at a range of up to 328 feet, the single-channel system is ready upon powering up, with no menus and or finicky dials to worry about—just instant functionality with easy-to-see LEDs that provide critical information at a glance. When you’re ready for more, use Rode’s companion apps to access a powerful feature set and customize your settings.
Clip-On True-Wireless Mic/Transmitter
- Equipped with a high-caliber microphone built into the transmitter’s compact housing, the Wireless ME delivers quality audio without demanding a separate microphone (external lavalier mic optional).
- The internal capsule’s omnidirectional polar pattern ensures reliable audio pickup, even if mic placement is less than ideal; your subject’s voice will be captured with clarity, intelligibility, and consistency.
- For a lower visual profile, the transmitter packs in a 3.5mm TRS input with plug-in power, so you can connect most lavalier microphones equipped with a non-locking 3.5mm TRS mini plug (such as Rode’s own Lavalier GO, available separately) and still enjoy the convenience of the Wireless ME.
- Intelligent GainAssist technology automatically controls audio levels for perfectly clear sound in any application.
Dual-Channel Receiver with Built-In Mic
- Thanks to the receiver’s minute form factor and integrated clip, it provides the flexibility to be easily mounted on a camera, phone, or tablet.
- The dual-channel receiver features both a 3.5mm output jack and a USB-C connector, allowing it to work with a wide range of cameras and mobile devices.
- Use the built-in microphone on the receiver to pick up audio from the camera operator, great for voiceovers, interviews, and documentaries.
- Use the supplied 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable for connection to cameras; the 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable is for use with smartphones and mobile devices with a headphone jack.
- Use the USB-C to USB-C cable to connect the receiver to Android phones and mobile devices equipped with a USB-C port; a USB-C to Lightning connector is supplied for use with Lightning-equipped Apple devices.
Out of the Box, onto the Set
- Mobile journalists, influencers, and vloggers will appreciate the pocket- and bag-friendly portability.
- The transmitter and receiver are so tiny and lightweight, the subject and camera operator will forget they’re even there.
- Courtesy of Rode’s optimized transmission algorithm, the Wireless ME empowers you with a line-of-sight range of up to 328 feet and bolsters signal dependability to mitigate drop-outs in crowded short-range environments such as retail stores, malls, office buildings, and hotels.
- For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
- Rode’s Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission incorporates 128-bit encryption for security, stability, and hassle-free operation while bypassing the frustration of dealing with licenses and frequency mandates.
- Go anywhere in the world with the Wireless ME and get reliable wireless performance.
Works with Free Rode Apps
- The Rode Central app allows you to quickly configure your device settings, unlock advanced features, activate and deactivate functions, and update your firmware.
- Rode Capture is an intuitive video app with unique creative features for capturing professional video and audio for your content. It is the only video app to offer complete in-app control of Rode microphones, and with its immediate interface and powerful dual-camera modes, Rode Capture is ideal for everything from recording video interviews and reporting in the field to creating content for TikTok, Snapchat, or Instagram Reels.
- Great for podcasting, streaming, and recording duties, the Rode Connect software allows up to 4 guests to be connected to a single computer. With an intuitive recording interface inspired by the RodeCaster Pro featuring broadcast-style faders, level metering, sound pads, mute button, multi-channel recording, and more, Rode Connect gives you complete control over your podcast recording.
- The receiver’s 3.5mm TRS output sends a mic-level signal, making it compatible with an array of devices including DSLR and mirrorless cameras, mobile devices, and portable audio recorders.
- Internal lithium-ion polymer batteries offer up to seven hours of battery life to handle long shoots.
- USB-C ports on the components provide for battery recharging, powering via external USB battery packs (available separately), and firmware updates; the receiver also outputs audio to the USB-C port for a digital audio connection when used with mobile devices and computers.
- Includes two furry windshields to minimize noise from wind and rustling clothes.
- Expand the system with an additional transmitter (available separately) for capturing three microphones simultaneously.
There are no reviews yet.