An ideal everyday lens, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 is a versatile prime straddling wide-angle and normal fields of view and featuring a bright f/2 maximum aperture. The distinct focal length is wide enough for spontaneous shooting but still tight enough for portraiture and selective focus shooting. Additionally, the lens’s compact, portable form factor makes it perfect for walkaround shooting and equally well-suited to use on FX or DX-format camera bodies.
In terms of handling, a stepping motor AF system offers quiet and smooth focusing performance that benefits both stills and video capture and a programmable control ring can also be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Wide-normal prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and can also be used with DX-format models, where it provides a 60mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects using depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.