Nikon NI8X42A211 Overview
Nikon’s basic black 8×42 Aculon A211 Binoculars are an ideal device for hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts who require an optic that delivers the ability to observe quickly on the go, without the bulk and weight of larger models.
The enhanced light-gathering ability offered by the 42mm objectives helps to ensure bright and clear views, even in challenging situations like at dawn or dusk, or when peering into dense underbrush. Anti-reflection multi-coated aspherical lenses, made with environmentally friendly Eco-Glass elements, complement the BAK4 Porro prism light path to deliver high-contrast images with enhanced depth of field without edge distortion, as well as accurate color fidelity across the entire wide field of view.
The Aculon’s sculpted rubber-armored housing is designed to fit naturally into the observer’s hand and provide secure non-slip handling. They are offered here in basic black. Twist-up rubber eyecups and a comfortable eye relief enable easy viewing without eye fatigue, especially during long observation sessions. The combination of image quality and user-friendly design make the 8×42 Aculon A211 a natural option for intermediate- to long-range glassing.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies images while preserving a wide field of view and exit pupil for easier, more comfortable viewing
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability, even in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk, without the bulk or weight of larger objectives
- Traditional Porro prism light path produces a rich depth of field, allowing the user to discern the relative distances between objects being viewed
- High refractive index BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Aspherical eyepiece lenses correct spherical aberration to produce clear and crisp images, with reduced edge distortion and astigmatism
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity and improve contrast and image brightness
- Wide apparent angle of view reduces the appearance of visible hand shake while offering panoramic views
- 420-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate, even while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction compensates for individual user’s optical prescription for clearer and sharper views
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use with reduced vibration and arm fatigue
- 12mm eye relief allows easy viewing without eye fatigue, especially during long observation sessions
- Comfortable 5.3mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light for a full and complete view without vignetting
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead and arsenic
- Protective rubber armoring provides a comfortable slip-resistant grip even in cold weather
- Subdued black color won’t attract attention in the wild or around civilization
- Ergonomically sculpted grips
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 27 ounces
Manjunath Murthy (verified owner) –
Very well packed and delivered the next day even though I live in a different city.
They reply to queries on whatsapp too which assures that we are buying what we like.