Nikon R1 Overview
The Nikon R1 Wireless Close-Up System (a.k.a. Macro Kit B) is a complete flash solution for cameras that feature both the Commander mode and include a built-in flash. The kit is fully compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System and Advanced Wireless Lighting system when used with compatible cameras and/or flashes.
The kit’s main components consist of the SX-1 Attachment Ring that attaches to the lens filter threads via an adapter ring (included), and two SB-R200 wireless macro flash heads. The SX-1 Attachment Ring can accept up to eight SB-R200s and can be attached to a tripod for remote lighting.
The R1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight Flash System has a Guide No. 66′ at 24mm, with both heads.
This solution enables excellent close-up lighting control with exceptional flexibility and innovative options.
The built-in Speedlights of the D800, D700, D600, D300, D300S, D7100, D7000, and D90 serve as the system’s Master controller. Or, for non i-TTL cameras, the SC30 sync cord can be used for off-camera control.
Creative Lighting System
Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) and compatible CLS cameras
- Built-in target light and AF Illuminator allows for proper position of Speedlight on the subject as well as autofocus operation in low light situations
- Accurate i-TTL flash control achieved through flash exposure monitoring control
- Can be set to one of three Speedlight Groups (A,B, and C)
- Offers four independent channels for competitive shooting environments
- Auto FP High-Speed Sync; use with fast shutter speeds achieves effective blurring of out-of-focus background elements
- FV lock holds flash value, enabling recomposition prior to shooting
- Flash head tilts down (toward the optical axis) to 60° with click stops at every 15°, or up to 45° (in the opposite direction) with click stops at every 15°
- Guide number of 33′ at ISO 100 and 46′ at ISO 200
There are no reviews yet.