DJI Mavic 3 Thermal Drone Overview
Designed to support enterprise-level missions and projects, the DJI Mavic 3 Thermal is an ideal solution for industrial, corporate, and first responder applications. The drone is extremely compact and lightweight, it can be quickly unfolded and deployed at a moment’s notice, and it is capable of up to 45 minutes of flight time. The Mavic 3 Thermal features wide-angle, telephoto, and thermal lenses in its 3-axis gimbal camera. The 20MP wide lens is ideal for taking expansive shots and rapid surveying, the 12MP tele gets you close with a 56x hybrid zoom, and the thermal camera makes it easier to carry out inspections and search and rescue missions. These abilities are enhanced by long-range O3 transmission, omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, and more.
DJI Care Included
This drone comes with one year of DJI Care Enterprise Basic coverage, which includes two low-price replacements.
The thermal camera on the Mavic 3 Thermal is essential for rapid success in certain missions. When searching for suspects or victims, police and EMS can quickly scan for body heat signatures, and inspectors can immediately see if the temperatures of a structure exceed safe levels. The camera has a 640 x 512 resolution and a diagonal field of view of 61°. You can take point and area temperatures, and use high-temperature alerts, color palettes, and isotherms to be quickly notified when a target is found. With the included RC Pro Enterprise controller, you can even view visual and thermal footage at up to 28x zoom, side-by-side on the built-in display.
O3 Enterprise Transmission
DJI utilizes O3 transmission for stable communications, piloting, and live video stream between the RC Pro Enterprise controller and the Mavic 3. Using this technology and quad antennas on the controller, you can pilot the Mavic 3 from up to 9 miles away.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Avoidance
In order to complete its missions, the Mavic 3 needs to survive the trip. That’s why DJI incorporates omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, which uses wide-angle lenses to give the drone zero blind spots as it automatically avoids potential crashes. You have the ability to adjust proximity alarms and the Mavic 3’s braking distance.
This technology helps you pilot without stress by automatically rerouting the Mavic 3’s flight plan around obstacles.
You worked hard in piloting a successful mission, so avoid the hassle of bringing the Mavic 3 home by using DJI’s advanced return-to-home feature. Engaging this ability lets the Mavic 3 automatically plan and fly an optimal route home, saving time and power.
RC Pro Enterprise Controller
Intuitively control the Mavic 3 with twin thumbsticks, a large built-in display, solid signals thanks to quad antennas, and DJI’s O3 transmission technology. The display offers 1000-nit brightness that supports use in even direct sunlight, and a built-in mic provides clear communications. To help further expand your piloting and data collection abilities, you can use the RC Pro Enterprise with a robust set of software. The data from these apps and your flights are protected through a variety of methods, such as a local data mode, the ability to clear all data with a tap, and robust AES-256 video transmission encryption.
- DJI Pilot 2: An enterprise flight interface that lets you control the drone and payload controls with a tap. DJI Pilot 2 also provides telemetry and navigation information.
- DJI FlightHub2: Manage your drone, or fleet of drones, via the cloud with live annotations, mapping, route planning, and more.
- DJI Terra: Mapping software for all stages of your work, from mission planning to processing 2D/3D models.
- DJI Thermal Analysis Tool 3.0: This tool lets you analyze, annotate, and process thermal images captured by M3T using DTAT 3.0 to detect temperature abnormalities from inspection flights.
Open Developer Ecosystem
- PSDK: Unified interface for expanding the Mavic 3’s capabilities through third-party hardware.
- MSDK: Mobile SDK 5 helps simplify the development of apps for the Mavic 3. It’s open source and comes with production code samples of core DJI Pilot 2 modules.
- Cloud API: Using DJI Pilot 2’s built-in MQTT-based protocols in DJI Cloud API, you can directly connect the drone to third-party cloud platforms without app development. You can access the Mavic 3’s hardware, video livestream, and photo data.