This impressive L-Series lens offers a telephoto zoom focal length for getting closer to faraway subjects. Canon’s lightest and shortest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens ever, the RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM is engineered to make traveling more comfortable, offering a compact and portable design that’s easy to pack and carry wherever you go.
Constant f/2.8 Aperture
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and suits working in low-light conditions as well as affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- The front and rear elements feature a protective Fluorine coating to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning significantly easier.
Advanced Optical Design
- One UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) element and one Super UD element help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
Dual Nano USM AF System
- Dual Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing.
- Smooth and nearly silent autofocus suits both photography and video applications.
- Full-time manual focus control available when working in the one-shot AF mode.
Optical Image Stabilization
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops.
- Enables working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Three discrete IS modes are available: standard single-shot mode, a panning-optimized mode, and a mode that only activates the Image Stabilizer during the exposure.
Customizable Control Ring
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Focus Limiter switch allows selecting subject focal range.
- Auto Focus / Manual Focus selector switch
- image Stabilizer switch and Stabilizer Mode Selector switch.
Rugged, Weather-Resistant Design
- Weather-resistant design protects against dust and moisture to enable use in inclement conditions.
- L-Series level vibration shock resistance in the lens barrel, helping to maintain focus and settings even in turbulent situations.
Rotating Tripod Collar
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
There are no reviews yet.