This FPA39AB2 ProAngel Aluminum-Alloy #3-Series Tripod from Benro supports up to 26.4 lb and includes a B2 Arca-type ball head with quick release plate. Designed to conserve space during storage and transport, this travel tripod measures 13.4″ long when folded. Each of its 5-section legs features an independent spread, a 3-position angle lock, a single half-turn twist lock for speedy deployment, and a rubber foot to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces. Among the legs is a push-and-pull, rapid center column with two, telescoping sections and dual twist locks that further contribute to this tripod’s compact design. Together, the three legs can be spread and extended to raise the tripod from a minimum height of 13.1″ to a maximum height of 52.0″ or 63.0″ when the center column is fully elevated.
Cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are compatible with a 1/4″-20 mount can be connected to the included quick release plate. The quick release plate can be attached and removed from the integrated, Arca-type clamp located at the top of the B2 head’s ball-and-socket joint by tightening or loosening the clamp’s knurled, locking knob. This knob must be pulled before it can be turned, which serves to ensure that the clamp is opened only when intended. The top of the quick release plate features a rubberized, non-slip platform, while dual retaining screws are provided along its underside. Those retaining screws help prevent the quick release plate and an attached camera from accidentally sliding off when the clamp it is placed on is opened.
By loosening the ball head’s primary locking knob, the head’s ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Variable tension can be applied to the ball-and-socket joint’s movements by rotating the friction knob, which is adjacent to the primary locking knob. Toward the ball head’s base is a secondary locking knob that controls the ability to rotate the head 360°. For added versatility, the tripod’s center column is reversible, facilitating low-angle photography where an attached camera is positioned among the tripod’s legs instead of above them.
A nylon carry bag with a zippered closure and shoulder strap is provided for storage and transport.
Use and Handling
- Compact travel tripod with ball head
- Supports up to 26.4 lb
- Push-and-pull center column with ballast hook for rapid camera, lens, or sport optic positioning
- Center column has two, telescoping sections with dual twist locks that contribute to this tripod’s compact design
- Can be set for a minimum height of 13.1″ to a maximum height of 52.0″, or 63.0″ with center column fully raised
- Center column is reversible, facilitating low-angle photography where an attached camera is positioned among the tripod’s legs instead of above them
- Legs each feature 5 sections, a 3-position angle lock, a single half-turn twist lock for speedy deployment, and can be independently spread
- Legs can be locked at 24°, 55°, or 80° angles
- For direct attachment of accessories that feature 3/8″-16 mounts, one 3/8″-16 female accessory thread is positioned among the legs’ connecting hinges
- Rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces
- Ball head’s large, primary locking knob with knurled surface allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Friction knob adjacent to primary locking knob applies variable tension to the ball-and-socket joint’s movements
- Secondary ball head locking knob with knurled surface allows head to rotate 360°
- Weighs 4.4 lb, measures 13.4″ when legs are reversed 180° and folded
- Hex key to adjust tension on leg hinges
- Aluminum-alloy legs
- Aluminum-alloy ball head with Arca-type quick release clamp and built-in bubble level
- Aluminum-alloy quick release plate with 1/4″-20 mount; rubberized, anti-slip surface; and dual retaining screws that prevent the base plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp it is placed on is opened
- Nylon carry bag with a zippered closure and shoulder strap is provided for storage and transport