NCS Colorpin 2 - Read & Compare Colors Accurately
If you are a shop and would like to buy a store rack with Colourpin II, please contact us.
Get the next generation wireless colour reader! Now available in packs of 10, 20, 30 etc.
- Technical specification (PDF) >
- User guide (PDF) >
- Download QR-Code for application
Colourpin is operated through a smartphone and is connected to a cloud-based system, which enables you to instantly match the scanned surface to thousands of colour references. The app is integrated with NCS – Natural Colour System®©. Within the Colourpin App, you can navigate in the NCS 1950 colour space and receive a fixed coordinate, as well as conversions to RGB, CMYK, L*a*b and lightness values. To further encourage colour communication and inspiration, you can also find references to the 2021+ NCS Trend Colours.
"In my job as an textile designer and communicator in the color industry, Colourpin is a constant companion. Color is incredibly complex and we perceive all colors in our own way. That is why it is so valuable to have a tool that easily tells me the composition of the various components that makes us perceive a color such as blue" - Davidoff. Compare colours to discover colour differences between the sample and the colour standard.
Colourpin is NCS’s best selling digital colour reader. This slim tool fits in your pocket and is connected via Bluetooth to a smartphone application which allows you to easily collect and identify colours on the go. Now the Colourpin app got even better!
The NCS Colour Navigator allows you to use the Colourpin app to find any specific colour shade. In order to toggle between different hues, just turn the wheel. You can also use the triangle to pinpoint the specific nuance of the colour you seek.
You can use the NCS Colour Navigator in order to move freely through the colour space to search for a colour. Or, you can use a colour sample as your starting point, by scanning it with your Colourpin colour reader.
- When you have found your nuance, just click on it to search in your available databases for the closest match.
- You can click on any of the colour matchings to get additional data that you can store in your colour project folder.
- Removed cool down time between scannings.
- Re-introduction of Lab, RGB and CMYK.
- The app is available on the App Store and Google Play (click to download app).
- The iOS app is compatible with iPhone 5 and later and also iPad 3rd generation or later.
- The Android app for version 5.0 or later is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S4 and later, Nexus 5 and later, and OnePlus.
- The app may also be compatible with other devices. Requires Bluetooth 4.1.
- Languages available: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English UK, English US, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Turkish, Spanish, Swedish