Color Essence Women (Seasonal Color Forecast) A/W & S/S
Fashion designers and brands have various parameters to base their designs on and one of the most important aspects is colour. Colour catches one’s eye in any collection or design. Psychological studies prove the fact that colour affects us in many ways. One needs to use colour intentionally and not casually as it has a huge impact on its audience.
· Warm colours represent comfort but different shades have different connotations. Red could mean danger but could also mean confidence in a person depending on the context it is used in,
· Cool colours can demonstrate sadness but can also mean calmness and serenity,
· Every season’s collection has its own set of colour palettes,
· Symbolism in colour- one associates green with nature or an affirmative sign while yellow can mean happiness and brightness,
· Cultural influences in colour are also very essential; white in the west is worn by brides in weddings while a widow wears white in Hindu cultures. Different festivals have their very own colour code. For example - Christmas immediately invokes the visual of red and green festive colours.
Colour essence woman summer & winter focusses on the thriving palettes for fashionwear, sportswear and interior design.
· Interior design uses colour to represent the client’s personality in their home décor or the brand’s in the office. Every colour invokes a different reaction based on its use,
· Brands choose their logo colours and their product colours carefully as this is a decisive factor for their customer ratings,
· In fashion
Casual or informal wear can be experimental in colour while formal wear is safer with pastels or subtle tones,
One can wear bright and colourful textiles for beach or summer wear but during winter hues of dark and subdued colours is seen,
Colour can influence one’s appearance of shape and weight. We always hear how black is a thinning colour while white adds to the appearance of weight, People choose colours that represent their personalities and every day moods without realising it.
Choice of colour also influences and evokes a reaction in other people. According to studies red is said to make you appear confident while yellow makes one appear more approachable; white clearly gives a pristine aura while green makes one look more genuine and likable.
There are so many colour stereotypes as well. For example with kids wear we can mostly see boy’s collections with a range of blue apparel and girl’s garments are mostly pink.
Colour essence woman summer & winter is published after extensive research and analysis of the various colour studies and experiments. It uses the PANTONE Fashion and Home Interiors colour system. PANTONE leads in tracking colour trends and their research and results are widely accepted in all design industries be it fashion, interior, consumer products and automobile design. All factions of designers, brands and manufacturers need a copy of the Colour essence woman summer to give them a cumulative summary about the colour trends for the next season.
· Has four colour themes including 7 trend colours each and the illustrations have the original cotton swatch cards of PANTONE Fashion and Home Textile colour system.
· Displays attractive and inspirational colour collages. Colour moods of past, present and future are represented in their images,
· Each theme has concise and useful comments and tips that one can use for their colour choices in design,
· Sets the tone for colour palette of the next season,
· It has a very user friendly format that is brief and easy to comprehend,
· Forecasts colour codes and combinations for the next season as well as tips that will inspire experimental colour choices,
· Since it is published 18 months in advance all the design industries are informed well ahead of season to plan their collections,
A buyer can also take advantage of the Colour essence woman winterand its detailed display of colour swatches.
· Use the information published one can keep their wardrobe trendy and stylish,
· The colour collages also have tips that help a buyer choose according to his/her personal sensibility and recommended colour of the season,
· Experimental colour choices can be made using the unique and innovative combinations displayed in the magazine.
· Designers from every industry can use the material published and use recommended colours and combinations in their creations,
· Designers are informed about the outbreak of new palettes for the next season,
· Buyers are constantly looking for new colours and combinations and with this magazine they need not look elsewhere.
· Published 18 months in advance to a season,
· illustrations have the original cotton swatch cards of PANTONE Fashion and Home Textile colour system,
· All the trend colours that are categorised in each theme come in removable packaging that contains original PANTONE cotton swatch cards that measure approx. 2,5 x 11 cm, double-layered,
· Have helpful comments for each colour trend.